Sunday, April 30, 2006

My Travel Around Israel: Via Dolorosa


In between my busy work, I see to it that I get to go out and regularly travel around Israel. I was in Jerusalem thrice, and every time, Via Dolorosa was in the itinerary.

Here is a picture I posted of the entrance to the Holy Sepulchre Church. I believe I am at Station number 9, where Jesus fell for the Third Time. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is very important to both Christians and Catholic alike, because:

First, the ground where the Church is standing is the Golgotha, the hill where Jesus was said to be crucified.

Second, the Church is also the place where Jesus was buried.

I walked through Via Dolorosa – and I can’t believe I was also able to tread the same streets that Jesus trod during his final and most difficult hours.

One of the best in my travel around Israel.

3 comments:

Cavmi said...

Hello from Italy! Your blog is fantastic! Please, if you have just a free minute, visit me back and leave a comment with your link, so other Italian people will be able to visit you! Thank you!;-D
Cavmi

http://lagrandeforzadelleidee.ilcannocchiale.it/

Cavmi said...

Ok, I use to add to my link list blogs that added me, but I WANT to have a link about Israel, it's a must. So, if you want, I can link you. Please let me know.

Barbara said...

You are gaining fame as the "Blogger from Israel"!