Monday, October 16, 2006

Ikea Israel - Shopping trip








Shopping at Ikea Israel in Netanya (it is definitely great that Israel already have one, Manilans need to go to Hongkong for the nearest store) – this was the only major thing we did during last week’s Sukkoth, Harvest Festival of Israel.

Imagine me and most of my friends here in Tel Aviv wasting most of the six non-working days staying at home when we could have realized the trip to Quesaria, something we planned on doing for the longest time. Apparently everyone’s desire to travel away from Tel Aviv fizzled out. I guess it's true that exhaustive planning on anything, even if you put your heart into it, does not always result in its realization.

I myself thought I would waste away from too much idle time – were it not for the few hours each day of logging on to youtube.com and watching some choice clips from a popular Philippine variety show. Nonetheless, going to Ikea Israel is worth posting here - check out the pictures. I was able to buy a wok, Chinese stirring pan and some wine glasses. What's best about the shop is its snack corner, where one can have some hotdog and cola for mere 10 shekels, albeit I had great-tasting spaghetti at less than 20 shekels. Indeed, shopping in this major world-famous Swedish furniture and appliance center is definitely one unique experience.

3 comments:

Jayred said...

I like Ikea as well. Got to visit the one in Bern, Switzerland last year.

I'm no DIY person, though. Most of the furniture pieces they sell there mush be assembled by the shoppers themselves. Nakakapagod....

Ernest-jr said...

you said it..it sure is difficult, especially if you're doing it (the assembling) alone - albeit admittedly i do get some sort of fulfillment at the end(great to hear from a kababayan btw)

sink sink socks said...

Through whose activity the expenditure of motility is now hannover sexkontakte devoted topreviously recalled purposes.